Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Out Of This World!

Dear Mother,

It has been a long long time and the miles between us are too many to count. In fact, by the time you get to read this letter, I will be with you, in another world where immortality resides. It gives me great pleasure to inform you that Dad has left behind him, a treasure of information with the help of which I along with some of my new friends here have developed a scheme of survival for the human race. But before I update you on all that, know that dad and I are deeply sorry for not letting you know about this trip beforehand. It was a critical top-rank secret agreement between Sheen, Inde, Russa and Qazahstan to counter the destruction caused by the Unitary States of Anster. The carbon footprint was exceeded by 50 million tones, Ma. It was a catastrophe, what happened after that. Thousands of innocent lives were pushed to diseases, pain and poverty. I am sure, the situation after almost 20 years, is only aggravated. This made the nations decide on a quest to find alternatives to life sustainability and thus, dad was chosen to head this operation of finding a planet other than Earth, that is suitable for human existence.





After some research, dad zeroed down on a few planets, the closest being Venus and Mars which are still extremely hot and the farthest in our solar system being the plutoids, which are terribly cold. Other than our solar system, dad decided to venture out of our galaxy, which was a risk, as it had never been hitherto attempted. However, two of the plutoids have some hope for us, considering they are close to another system, like our solar system. In another 4000 years,  Eris and Makemake are going to become part of a lunar system, where the orbit system is spiral and the centre has a lunar object, yet to be made certain about.





However, this is a huge opportunity for the human race to look at survival options. With the severing conditions on Planet Earth, and as the planets near the Sun are burning down with Mercury becoming part of the Black Hole, it is time that we must initiate plans for evacuation. It’ll be a big task for the nations and I am hoping that at least now, for the good of mankind, the differing nations would forget economics and look at livelihood. Though, I am certain of the loss of life and property shall weigh down more on the poor and penniless. God be with them!

By the time you get this letter Ma, I’d be 60 years old that is, if the letter reaches you. Please do take care of Ruby, she is my best friend here. Dad found Ruby loitering around on a crater at Ceres, an asteroid in between Mars and Jupiter and she was geared up with instruments and food, much like we were. She also has a space station there named Coral. I think I have a crush on her, well she does have weird nails and her hair is green but then, I am only 23 and she does not know her age really. And by the time she comes back here, I’ll probably be dead.
The good thing about the people here is that there is a parallel civilization here! You have to see it to believe it, Ma! There is a jelly that is slurped in place of water and there are hundreds of varieties of mosses and exquisite organic food, which are made delicious by Ruby’s mother, Granta125. They keep changing names, and as they grow old they adopt their forefather’s names, and I am speculating, that Granta is the 125th generation of their family! How cool is that, right?

I am attaching a few snaps of some drawings I made, although I am no artist. And my trip here wasn’t exactly planned you see! I never thought dad would take me along, and that I, a kid of merely 2 years would be part of the decision-making. However, I understand his stance too. Travel is a major issue here. It took us 20 years to reach here, Ma. The scientists down there will have to invent some faster methods of communication. I love you ma. I keep looking at the only picture that I have of yours and dad’s and I don’t know if I’ll get to you see you in this lifetime or not, though Ruby tells me that she has been giving me some kind of a medication which they think improves life longevity. Dad once told me that Ruby is about 1200 years old though I hope it won’t make much of a difference on Planet Eres!

Do send me some pictures of yours with Ruby and I miss you Ma.
Hope I’ll make you proud, and be out of this world, in its truest sense!
Lots of hugs and kisses Momma,

Partha













 




P.S.: This post has been written for the contest "I Am Explorer". Any resemblance to real characters or incidents is purely creative and Man! You have an awesome life if this story has any resemblance to you! 

If you like my post, do leave in a comment and press a heart for me at IndiVine HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to have your comments!