Friday, September 23, 2011

Beauty Like Never Before- Greta Garbo

It was just another day, I was getting bored and I lazily dragged myself to the sofa in my drawing room, determined not to fall asleep in the evening! I switched on the television and this face came on the screen..
And it is the most beautiful face I have come across in the recent past!
Forget the Marlyn Monroes and Aishwarya Bacchans..
Look at her!

Ms.Greta Garbo
1905-1990



And her best feature..Her Enigmatic eyes!
She makes me wish, I were a guy.. Her stunning beauty speaks for itself, but her finesse in her acting skills adds like cherry on the cake!


"She can act, or she can start a new religion.  So far as results go it won't make much of a difference.  She'll click either way."
-Thomas Ince in Photoplay October

Post World War II, she gave up acting. But in her movies, she represented the Modern Woman.Playful and naughty and yet, the passionate and loyal lover. The girl who was innocent yet the woman who was vulnerable, very vulnerable. And yet, determined and strong. Assertive, yet Feminine.




Some of her lines, both off screen and on screen that I absolutely adore!

~ Pearls! (She snatches it and holds it in her palm.) Pearls are Priceless. (Smiles.) Pearls are Cold.

~ After you, I shall wait for Spring no more.

Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening. 


I never said, 'I want to be alone.' I only said, 'I want to be left alone.' There is all the difference.


There are many things in your heart you can never tell to another person. They are you, your private joys and sorrows, and you can never tell them. You cheapen yourself, the inside of yourself, when you tell them. 


~ There is no one who would have me.

And to end it in the best possible way, her last quote recorded..in the year of her demise, 1990

~ I have led a Fabulous Life.


A tribute to a real beauty, now rarely seen!

2 comments:

  1. wat an amazing words al put aset.
    she is beautiful .
    blog constructed http://chitranavada.blogspot.com all put here.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to have your comments!