Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Power of Words

Words are Powerful, Therefore Only Say Something If You Truly Mean It.
If you Don't, then SILENCE is GOLDEN....

But then, All that glitters ain't Gold.. You get me, Don't you?


:)


Here I am, writing the last blog tonight for I know, I would be absent for the few days. Past couple of days.. I Wrote. A lot. After facing a writer's block for a Year.. I now know ..The power of Words.


Words once spoken can never been taken back. Everyday, we communicate with so many people. So many words spoken. But how many times, do we think, Before we speak?
To complicate further, our Moods determine our choice of words. When we laugh or when we smile.. When we're sad or we're upset... Our sense of being influences our state of Mind and thus, Our Choice of Words.


But seldom do we understand that Words are Tricky to handle. They cannot be replaced and their effect cannot be destroyed. In fact, the influence of our moods, makes the statements more dangerous. While a word of gratitude or wisdom, relaxes our surroundings,makes people happy.. A word or two of anger or regret, can be disastrous for your relationships.


Maybe that is why, Philosophers have always stressed upon being cautious with every word that we speak or write. Some warn us, to "think twice" before we speak..while others tell us to Keep Quiet during stressful situations.


Like my favourite Author has said.. “Words are alive. Cut them and they bleed.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson


No man means all he says, and yet very few say all they mean, for words are slippery and thought is viscous.-Henry Adams


When you do say something.. Mean it. Mean it from the core of your heart and Mind. When you tell Him, "I Love You".. or a "Goodbye".. Mean it. If you don't, then don't say it. You might be angry, but don't make the mistake of speaking while you are, because trust me, You will regret it, sooner or later.


I'd like to share a short story, my granny used to tell me,when I was a kid.




A group of frogs were traveling through the woods, and two of them fell into a deep pit. When the other frogs saw how deep the pit was, they told the two frogs that they were as good as dead.
The two frogs ignored the comments and tried to jump up out of the pit with all their might. The other frogs kept telling them to stop, that they were as good as dead. Finally, one of the frogs took heed to what the other frogs were saying and gave up. He fell down and died.
The other frog continued to jump as hard as he could. Once again, the crowd of frogs yelled at him to stop the pain and just die. He jumped even harder and finally made it out. When he got out, the other frogs said, “Did you not hear us?” The frog explained to them that he was deaf. He thought they were encouraging him the entire time.




This is the power of the tongue. An encouraging word to someone who is down can lift them up and help them make it through the day. On the contrary, a destructive word to someone who is down can be what it takes to kill them. Be careful of what you say — especially to yourself.

Word and only Words are all I have.. To take your Heart..Away!
Words-Boyzone
:)


But sometimes.. You say it Best.. When you Say nothing at all!.. Because those who love you.. Will understand your silence..even when what you say,might contradict your own self. But then,Why take a risk! ;)
When you say Nothing At All-Ronan Keating
Love,Peace and Harmony to all! Keep readin..Keep lovin! And Mind your Words..! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Nice post. I agree - too often we let our emotions guide what we say to others and once said, those things can't be taken back. I'm guilty of this myself - especially lately. A good reminder to think before speaking, and not be so harsh with one's words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel invigorated just reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gr8 job priyanka......
    power of words.....a good topic chosen n well xplained by u.....keep it up/....
    god bless,,,:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally Agree, Kel! I too have just been struck by a mistake I did..When I kept on blabbering..just a little too much.. And it did cost me..a lot... Do keep posted and have a look at the other posts! :)

    @Moderne Meid.. Thank you for going through my blog! :) Hope you will go through the other posts and like them too! :) cheers!


    @Earnest.. :) Thank you~~ :) God bless ya too!

    Love to All!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to have your comments!