Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Euthanasia

A topic I'd been thinking of, for quite some time now.. Imagine the Life, if we may call it so..The Pain to Live seems harsher than to Surrender to Death..Hope I do not offend any one in my attempt to bring out, the ache..Of A Life, beyond the Boundaries, of Life and Death..


Death, comes visiting everyday
Arrives, stares and goes away
The frail, old body on the bed
Eyes bright, sunken in the head
Awaits, the silent footfall without dread



Death, comes visiting everyday
Goes without possessing the soul, today
The body weak, the mind still strong
Knows its time, it’s now not long
Awaits the moment, without prayer or song


Death, comes visiting everyday
Comes, goes away, even today
The body too tired to die
The mind too strong to let life just go by
Waits without waiting to say bye









Death, comes visiting everyday
And, smiles to see today
The soul screaming for death to claim
As loved ones kill life, leading spirit to death’s lane
Doing what, even death to do till now refrains.

9 comments:

  1. This reminds me of John Donne's poem, "Death be not proud" Read it if you haven't yet.

    P.S. got your mail. It's lovely. Thank you. I'm going to let you know the post soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) But tell me..if you like this or not first! :P
    :)

    I will read it for sure~!

    P.S
    You're most welcome! Its a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. death - the only destination common to us all . Good write...me liked it.

    BTW i cannot agree with the picture u posted...
    No ones dies with dignity...one can only live with it.

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. a thought provoking poem Priyanka! gr8 one.. keep it up! i read ur poem at The Lover's blog.. that, too, is a beauuutifull poem.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very thot provokin poem priyanka..
    loved it..
    and i read ur poem at The Lover's blog.. that was too beautiful ..:)
    gr8 work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rainboy.. True! I agree too..thank you for sharing your thoughts.. do comment on other posts too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Jalpari!


    I really hope you'll like the other posts too!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gripping poem,poignant lines,made my eyes moist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Partha!!

    Thank you..! Would love to have your comments on other posts too!

    your last post inspired me to write my latest post!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to have your comments!