Thursday, August 18, 2011

To be Different, Is Not Wrong





When I was four they tried to test my IQ
They showed me a picture of
three oranges and a pear.
And asked me which one is different
and does not belong,
they taught me
different was wrong.

But now I am Twenty,
I don't let them teach me,
What is the world,
but a Fallacy,
A dream out of a Dream.

Being different was being wrong,
I was always a misunderstood being.
So how does it matter now, I wonder
But there is a part of me, restless.

I am different, but not wrong,
I am right in my own way.
If only the world was blind enough
To see what eyes cannot see.

6 comments:

  1. I liked the lines:
    "Being different was being wrong..."

    Awesome poem, innocent and sharp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true! No matter how much I try to 'fit in', I remain what I am. Love the last stanza. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies and Gentlemen,

    Presenting to you, a wonderful friend of mine, Pranav.. a very nice human being..and a very dear friend..

    His first comment on my blog..

    Wow..I am elated!
    :D

    Thank you Pran! This means a lot to me! Really!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no i am not into poems, yet i liked this one

    ReplyDelete

Would love to have your comments!