Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bruised- 9/11 A remembrance

I am not dead,
I live to tell the story
Of a survived victim
of a past, in remembrance.



A decade of picking up the broken pieces
of his last call,that I missed
the untouched cake I had made for him
all now lost, left to a yesterday of my life.

Dad, will you forgive me
it was me who insisted that you go off to work,
Will you come back once to wish me luck
I have a test tomorrow.
It hurts, it still does
to recall the last reverences
when we last touched, as you undid my chastity
I still await my goodbye kiss, my love,
weren't we meant to be?

What would I tell Henry when he grows up
except how Brave his father had been
But how do I let anyone else take your place
and yet, not let him feel your loss too?
Tell me, How!


And thousand other stories follow
into a dark ebb off silence
as they drench into the depth of blood and tears
hoping to attain justice, one day.


The hurried last calls to dear ones
The cries, the fears
transcending thoughts of a future together


all now turned to broken pieces of glass
      shreds of flesh and smokes of ashes, aglow.



All dreams, now a faded memory
the shudders still alive, like an echoing fear
time cannot heal this pain,
it shall come back, the 11th of September, every year..
like a nightmare,an exhaled breath..
It shall make its presence felt,
In more than a thousand ways..








My tribute to all those who lost their lives in the Twin-tower attacks on the 11th of September, ten years back. The pain can never lessen, of the bereaved ones but I can only pray for them.
And if this comes across to any of them,
then I want to apologise for the inhumanity my race has brought into their lives..and I pray for You..May you find Peace.
















May all the victims rest in Peace O Lord.
~Amen



6 comments:

  1. Yes 11th was not about the buidings, nor a nation's might. But about the small lives that laid wrecked in its wake. Powerful, poetic, and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ameen n may thr soul rest in peace....nyc wrk priyanka....keep going...!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, beautiful, so poignant.
    You'd find the echo of your sentiments in the beginning of my novel Dream's Sake too.
    The people who die in these blasts soon, for general public and media, become just a number in the total casualty count of the incident. But those who died in all such blasts were living, dreaming and aspiring people, who deserved a future too. I read somewhere that 3497 people died on 9/11. So many people blown into bits, an so many people left behind to 'die in bits after them.'
    And the more terrible thing is that such gruesome incidents are still continuing. The demon is still thriving, and is still hungry to claim more lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice work priyanka keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rahman..

    Thank you for your words of encouragement! :)

    @Tanha,

    Thank you so much for your visit!!

    @Jyoti,

    I know, we need to curb the menace before it threatens us any further!

    @Anon,
    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the remembrance. My tribute to all who gave their life on that day.
    Good work Priyanka

    ReplyDelete

Would love to have your comments!