Friday, April 5, 2013

APRILDOM: DISTURBIA

It is Day 4 of the NapoWrimo and AtoZ Blog Challenge and the two prompts for tonight are:

1. The topic should begin with the letter 'D'

2. There’s a whole twitter account devoted to tweeting Iain-M-Banks-like names for spaceships. So your challenge for today is to write a poem with a title drawn from one of these spaceship names. 








D            B      
   I       R   I
    S  U          A
      T

It's a thief in the night
To come and grab you
It can creep up inside you
And consume you
A disease of the mind
It can control you
It's too close for comfort



A Refreshingly Unconcerned Disturbia


It is the ache that you feel right at the centre of your chest 
when you lie down alone in your bed.
It is the fear that someone might be hiding 
under the bed, or within us.
Disturbia is when your insides scream and you shake
the echoes make the leaves on the branch tremble
No one sees, nobody hears everyone is unaware
Disturbia is the hand that grabs your neck like a noose
loosening and gripping, choking every breath
Disturbia is the memory you think of before you fall asleep
and the nightmare that wake you up, in a pool of darkness.
Disturbia is everything you feel, every pore on your skin
it is the moist on your lips, the heaving of your breath
Disturbia is when you touch her skin, and lay her down on your bed
and you fuck her hard, but feel nothing.
Disturbia is the hatred with which you remember me
it is the scent that I've tried to wash away.
Disturbia is the part of me that's dead, it is you
that Disturbia leads me to.
It is love and the madness that creeps along with it
while two lovers stand apart, with the stream of time in between


Disturbia is when I drown in it.
Disturbia is when you watch me.
Disturbia is the last bubble of breath.
Disturbia is the last image of yours in my eyes.
Disturbia is you standing firmly on your ground.
Disturbia is Me, and it drowns in me.
Disturbia is You and you drown in me too.
 


4 comments:

Would love to have your comments!