Sunday, September 1, 2013

DE-ACTIVATING FACEBOOK- #WriteTribe Day 1






Thanks to a bunch of great bloggers and a networking group, I bring to you Seven Days of posting seven things I’ve wanted to do but never done. Beginning from today, I shall be posting one post everyday for the next seven days updating you about what I did and why I did so.

The first thing on my list is to de-activate my Facebook account.



WHY?


Because even lovers need a holiday, from each other. Because lately, relationships real and virtual have become so complicated that when I think of it, it clusters around my nape and clasps around my throat like an invincible invisible cord. When did Facebook become so important? Well I clearly don’t have an answer to that. I do not know myself, when I made friends, and even found family in there and when like real relationships, the virtual ones coiled and cork-screwed into my heart even further.

I have always considered blogging to be therapeutic.

And thus, I want the next seven days to be a cleansing process. You know how one braids hair- Interlocking one lock of strands of hair with another and that with another one. Similarly, I will start by deactivating my account today and follow it up at least till the last of the seven days if not further. Simultaneously, other topics shall follow Suit.

Thus, this Write Tribe festival, my theme is to do the Seven Things, I have Thought of Doing, but Not Done. My theme is Now is the Time. Hope you’ll support me through this too!



14 comments:

  1. That's a bold move. I am waiting to see what the others are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But if u deactivate how will you post in the dialy thread :)
    Anyway I always thought of this too and was never successful due to this or other linkage with fb
    Anyway good luck to u
    Eager to read the other six things

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your FB holidays and celebrate the WriteTribe Festival. Try to update me once you post so that i can share the link without much delay.

    Aur haan acchhe se padhai karo. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priyanka I don't deactivate but sometimes I don't log in for 2-3 days. I do that after 15 days or so. And good luck with posting...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really soak yourself with this sort of serious and sombre writing... and the form of poetry you chose is apt for the tone of the post.


    Arvind Passey
    www.passey.info

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm... love denied because of a physical disability! Somehow love then takes on a rather physical avatar which makes me restless.
    Anyway, you did manage to capture quite a bit of Melbourne there... all the best for the contest! :)


    Arvind Passey
    www.passey.info

    ReplyDelete
  7. :)
    thank you Deepti!
    Great u loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great and engaging story that you have woven around the topic. All the best with the contest!
    Though, I must add, I didn't feel much sympathy for Pakhi. Regardless of what Kunal did to her, or her own physical disability, when Kunal dumped her, it was still something that happened between the two of them. But for Pakhi to stand at the reception of Shruti's biggest day and attempt to sabotage the wedding, and perhaps even her future with Kunal by choosing this song - I just felt it was in very poor taste and a mark of a resentful woman. Sorry, just my take! On the flip side, though, it is always interesting to read about characters that are not plain black-and-white. Grey is a great colour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. physical avatar..
    well love and marriage actually go on to become two different things..though they are incomplete without each other..I feel..Thank you Passey Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha really cool alphabet acrostic...those are not easy...but it was your prose that captured me tonight....what a compelling story....and a long night indeed....enjoyed it...would like some more of it...smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Arvind Sir!
    Your words always hep us grow!
    :)
    Love and Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh!
    You are most welcome Priyadarshini!
    Hope it did justice to your book. Totally witty n metropolitan! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to have your comments!